CMNTY is proud to be prominently featured in the updated CMX Guide To Community Platforms. By filing CMNTY under the "all-in-one solution for building online communities", CMX recognizes the versatility and flexibility of the tool compared to those of other software providers that are featured.
CMX is am independent media and training company that helps organizations build and grow communities of all shapes and sizes. Since 2014, CMX has served the community industry with best-in-class content, training, and workshops.
Within the Guide To Community Platforms, you can tell that CMX really took the time to help the reader create a better sense of what they need from a platform, before they start doing their search. It does this by focussing on 8 central questions:
- Have you already developed a community or are you starting from scratch?
- How large do your want your community to be?
- Which organizational need will your community serve?
- What do you think community members will do on this platform?
- What is your budget?
- How important is privacy?
- How technical are you? If not at all, do you have technical resources on your team?
- How easy is it to leave the platform?
Next, the guide divides the platforms into a different categories, depending on the goals an organization has with a community. We will name the most important ones:
- Support & success platforms are primarily built to create support community that connects existing customers to one another to better use your product or service.
- Product platforms serve the main function of gathering customer feedback, ideas, and reports and eliciting the power of the crowd to move them up the chain.
- The Content platform category groups into several sub categories, that is based on the architecture of the content and programming you are attempting to build. For example Q&A, Networks and small groups.
- Finally you can add social website plugins to existing sites to make them more like social networks and inject a social experience. Internal platforms created for employee engagement inside companies, and other internal platforms can also benefit from these plugins.
The guide provides every organization with an extensive toolkit to make the right decision for the right community platform.
Download the CMX-Guide-to-Community-Platforms