End of Product Life Cycle: Overview
Products reach the end of their Product Life Cycle for a number of reasons. These reasons may be due to market demands, technology innovation and development driving changes in the product, or the products simply mature over time and are replaced by functionally richer technology. While this is an established part of the overall product life cycle, CMNTY Corporation (CMNTY) recognizes that End-of-Life milestones often prompt companies to review the way in which such End-of-Sale and End-of-Life milestones impacts their operations.
With that in mind, we have set out below CMNTY’s End-of-Life policy to help customers better manage their End-of-Life transition and to understand the role that CMNTY can play in helping to migrate to alternative CMNTY platforms and technology.
The general policy guidelines are:
- As a general rule, CMNTY will provide 6 months notice of the affected product's End-of-Sale date and/or the last day when the affected product can be ordered. This notice will appear on the CMNTY.com site at http://www.cmnty.com/eos-eol-listing.html and we encourage you to visit this site regularly as it contains useful information regarding CMNTY's End-of-Life program. Sign up for the CMNTY Newsletter to receive notifications.
- Access to CMNTY’s Help Center will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for a period of 18 months from the End-of-Sale date for application software (platform) issues related to the affected products.
Software support will be as follows:
- For the first six (6) months following the End-of-Sale date, next to possible new features and/or functionality, we will provide bug fixes, maintenance releases, workarounds, or patches for critical issues reported via firstname.lastname@example.org or CMNTY.com Web site.
- After the first six (6) months we will provide bug fixes, maintenance releases, workarounds or patches for a period of 1 year for application software (End of Development). Bear in mind that it may be necessary to use software upgrade releases to correct a reported problem.
You will need to ensure that you have a current and fully paid license extension (support contract) with CMNTY. Please contact your Customer Success Manager regarding fees payable during the End-of-Life period so that we can support you right through the End-of-Life transition period.
- During the End-of-Life period, CMNTY shall be entitled to increase such fees by a percentage equal to the then applicable annual percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI). Unless stated otherwise, CPI adjustments shall not affect time and material rates which will always be charged at CMNTY’s then current rates.
Below are guidelines that should be followed to ensure that you receive effective support for the affected software within your deployment:
- For software that is not covered under a service contract, customers may add the product(s) to a current contract or purchase a new contract until 6 months after the End-of-Sale date.
- Service contracts that have not been renewed or have lapsed after 6 months of End-of-Sale date are not renewable.
- Renewal of your service contract will generally be available until the last year of support, but will not extend beyond the last date of support.
- If you are using a CMNTY Cloud or Partner solution, CMNTY’s support team will ensure that you have access to your data in our standard file format well in advance of the product’s end-of-life.
- CMNTY may charge an additional fee for continued support of any discontinued products.
The End-of-Life milestones and CMNTY commitments are presented in Table 1.
|Milestone||Day 0||6 mos||1 year||18 mos|
|Add or attach new contracts||End-of-sale date|
|Application Software maintenance support||See 3(1)||See 3(2)|
|Renew Service Contracts|
|Customer Service and Support|
Here is an explanation of some of the terms that we have used in this notice:
End-of-Product Life Cycle: A process that guides the final business operations associated with the product life cycle. The End-of-Life process consists of a series of technical and business milestones and activities that, once completed, make a product obsolete. Once obsolete, the product is not sold, manufactured, improved, repaired, maintained, or supported.
End-of-sale date: The last date to order the product through CMNTY point-of-sale mechanisms. The product is no longer for sale.
Software Maintenance support: The time period that CMNTY may release any software maintenance releases or bug fixes to the software product. After this date, CMNTY’s Product Group will no longer develop, repair, maintain, or test the product software.
Critical issue: a defect present in the latest GA version of a product for which there is no suitable workaround and which materially prevents use of that product.
CMNTY reserves the right to change this End-of-Life Policy and to reduce or amend maintenance offerings available for renewal under this policy at any time, with or without prior notice. CMNTY reserves the right to charge an additional fee for continued support of products after the End-of-Life dates and is under no obligation to provide support after End-of-Life. CMNTY also reserves the right to reduce or amend support offerings available for renewal under this policy at any time and at its sole discretion, with or without prior notice.