Innovation and co-creation platforms can quickly provide you with new ideas and fresh perspectives. If two heads are better than one, imagine what crowdsourcing ideas with a whole community could mean!
- Co-develop your product or service offering by gathering experts, fans, partners or anyone who deeply cares.
- Reach your goals faster by harnessing the creativity of the crowd. Enable people to build on each others ideas.
- Understand people’s opinions before going to market. Optimize your offering while insights unfold.
- Make community-driven decisions that lead to better products and services, lower costs and more sales.
- Phonebloks This platform was created to crowdsource ideas for a new, innovative tech project: a modular phone with swappable parts so that functions and features could be upgraded and replaced individually and as needed without having to replace the entire phone. The community managers talked to the community about their idea and asked members to help them come up with the best way to achieve their vision. Around 35,000 members registered for this platform, and they worked collaboratively on this idea.
- Bruynzeel Storage Systems This community was created to generate ideas for creative, innovative, and efficient storage systems. The gamification engine and webshop were integral parts of this community because they helped reward participation and engage community members. Members who won competitions and accumulated the most points were awarded with exciting prizes like a trip to attend a workshop in Shanghai, iPads, and many more.
- Waterweg Wonen Waterweg Wonen created this community so that it could be used by the housing cooperative to collect the opinions and ideas from a city. This helped the company determine their course of action for building and zoning for the coming years. Attitudes and opinions of the community members were taken very seriously and helped shape important and lasting decisions being made that affected their everyday lives.
- Profacts - Banking Community Profacts created this innovation and co-creation community to do research on the experiences that youths had with big banks and financial institutions and their attitudes about them. Questions were posed to community members and the answers, experiences, and ideas that were collected were then analyzed to help the bank improve processes and messaging to appeal to the younger generation.
Challenge Engage members and Crowdsource insights with idea contests and competitions.
Stepboard Guide your community through a series of experiences and gather feedback.
Gamification Leverage our built-in Gamification Engine to incentivize participation.
Advantages of Digital Research
I think that online research is a really interesting approach to concept testing, especially when you are able to see visuals and apply searchable tags. You can really easily get fast insight into the pain points or the strengths of a concept. Depending on the needs of clients we may do both in-person and online studies and use them to build off each other, but we also have stand alone online communities.
We also find that members really like participating. So far, after every community we’ve run, we have received a lot of emails asking, “Where can we enroll for Beautiful Lives to participate in more communities?” We think it’s really nice to hear that people enjoy them so much.
Why CMNTY Platform?
We choose to use CMNTY for many reasons. On the one hand, we like how nice it looks, visually, because we think that helps engage members. On top of that, when we saw what CMNTY Platform could do, the decision to make the change was a quick one. For bigger projects, and especially for international ones, we think it’s the way to go. We love having google translation built-in so that you can do research in different languages at the same time and quickly start your analysis. Things like that make a big difference for us.
Built for Community Managers
I only needed one training to learn the software -- that’s all. I remember that, during the training, I was so focused on making sure all my moderators were getting the information that I was worried I might miss something important. But once I saw the back end I saw how obvious it was to find what you were looking for and make the adjustments you needed.
When we saw what CMNTY Platform could do, the decision to make the change was a quick one.
In the rare occasion that I have a question, I also like that I can always contact CMNTY. We have a dedicated account manager, and I think it’s really convenient that we have one person who is always the same to reach out to because they immediately know who we are, what we’re trying to do, and what our concerns are.
Multiple Languages Made Easy
Well, it was very important to keep a tight, synchronized schedule with our moderators. We often started with an activity and then used that as a jumping-off point to dive into deeper discussions. We analyzed the real-time data we got to give feedback to each moderator so that separate conversations could all go in the same direction at the same time. It might seem like a lot, but with the right technology, which we had in CMNTY, we felt that it was actually quite easy to have success.
- Community by Solution
- Innovation Community
- Market Research Community
- Customer Community
- Employee Community
- B2B Community
- Custom-built Community
- Community by Role
- Marketing Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Market Researcher
- R&D Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Business Leader