You can give out rewards to your community members in exchange for their active participation in the community. You can setup user ranks, badge leaderboards and point leaderboards. You can even allow for a points-to-prizes system by opening up a Webshop in which your members can spend their points to get actual rewards.
Our clients find gamification a dynamic system to encourage and reward user engagement for content. Most tie gamification to the webshop to provide users with unique items to spend their points on. Being creative with triggers, badges, and webshop can lead to a highly engaging experience for users.
You can run multiple gamification strategies simultaneously by setting up multiple gamification categories at once. Learn more about Gamification categories.
Reward Member Activity with Points and Badges
Points are the fuel of the Gamification engine, and they can be given to members for many types of platform activity. They can be awarded for platform activity like logging in or participating in activities, they can invoke badges and ranks and, ultimately, they can be spent in the Webshop where they serve as currency. Learn more about points.
Badges can also be awarded for things like the number of points earned, completed profile information, or platform activity. Importantly, badges can be given manually, or awarded automatically by creating triggers. Learn more about badges.
You can view and edit member points and badges by visiting a members profile page through the Community page in the front-end of your platform:
- See the Amount of points a member has earned.
- Underneath the profile picture at Admin Options, you can give or deduct points and give badges to a certain member.
- In the Badges Overview, you can see how many badges a member has earned an how many can still be earned.
- Points and badges are only for members, even when observers and community managers earn badges, their scores are not displayed on their profile pages.
In the Webshop module, members can use their earned points as a currency to buy certain things. You decide what members can ‘buy’ and how many points they cost. Members can visit the Webshop in the front-end of the platform:
- They will see an overview of the items that they can buy.
- In the Shopping Cart, members can view the number of points they have to spend and they can look up their points-earned history.