The purpose of the Chat module is to offer users the possibility to ask questions or to discuss topics in real-time.
You can arrange times when Community Managers and members will be online together. This way, questions are answered immediately and discussions are made livelier.
Please keep in mind that the chat can only allow 25 users to be active at the same time. In case more then 25 people try to enter the Chat they will see a message: “Currently there are too many members in this room. Please try again later.” Observers and Community Managers also count as a user.
You can change settings and configure your Chat module by following the steps below:
- Go to the Configure page at the top menu.
- Choose Chat underneath the Modules section at the left menu.
- You can activate or deactivate your Chat by clicking the ON/OFF button underneath Chat is active.
- Turn the Show All Messages button to ON if you want all chat messages to remain visible in the Front End. Turn the button to OFF if you want to show only the messages of the current chat session.
- Decide if you want the order of your message to be ascending or descending at Order Messages.
- You can change the text of the default message that is shown once the chat is not active at Chat Inactive Message.
- Fill in the maximum number of characters per chat message at Characters Per Line.
Chat in Different Languages
In the front-end you type the chat messages. On a multilingual platform, the chat is separated per language. So German speaking participants can only chat with other German speaking participants and not with the French speaking participants. The community managers can chat will all participants by changing the language in the menu in the right corner. If the community manager changes the platform to German and types something in the chat, only the German speaking participants will see the message.