Data export is a collection of all content and user data that has been uploaded to the platform. As a Community Manager, you can download the data export as a .CSV file and use these data to analyze the outcome of your research by following the steps below:
- Go to Analyze at the top menu of Admin.
- Go to the Export page at the left menu.
- Now click Create Export and choose the type of export.
- There are four different types of data exports of which you can choose:
- Platform content
By selecting Platform content, you get an overview of all generated content within your CMNTY Platform. Select Member to get user profile information. Select a module to see all content within a module. Here are some platform content examples:
- Platform activity
By selecting Platform activity, you get a quantitative overview of your activity level within your CMNTY Platform. Select General to see activity levels throughout your whole platform. Select a module to see activity levels per content item. Here are some platform activity examples:
- User activity
By selecting User activity, you get a quantitative overview of your members’ activity levels. Select General to see activity levels per member. Select Badges to see which badges members have earned. Select Points to see the amount of points members have earned. Here are some user activity examples:
By selecting Files, you create a .ZIP file with all the files that were added to your platform. Each file has a unique design ID so you can look up which file belongs to which platform content export. You can also export your design files. Here are some file export examples:
- Platform content
- Choose a Selection. This is the content and item type that will be exported.
- The Filter and Frame options are optional. You can filter on User groups and Languages.
- You can add User Profile Field information if you would like, but it is not necessary to combine this with filtering on user groups or languages.
- You can use the Timeframe to decide the start date and the end date of the exported data.
- The Based On filter only applies for exports that have a group selected. Select Content to get an overview of the items that are assigned to your selected group(s). Select User to get an overview of the content of users that are assigned to your selected group(s).
- After creating an export, you go back to the export overview page. A task is added to the system queue. The system can handle one export at the time, therefore the labels ‘queue’, ‘busy’ and ‘ready’ are used. Date exports will be stored for 7 days and file exports will be automatically deleted after 2 days. In the options dropdown, you’ll find ‘info’ about the export, or you can download or delete the export.
Need more info? Read this article about CSV Export Non-Roman Language!