Our Social Login feature allows members to easily sign-up and sign-in to your platform using their existing Facebook account. The easy to set-up feature ensures your members the ease of a quick login process without the need to create another secure password to remember.
The following steps guide you through connecting your CMNTY Platform with Facebook. Steps 1-12 are done within your Facebook account. Steps 13-17 are done in your CMNTY Platform Admin Section:
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com. You’ll need a valid Facebook Account in order to proceed.
- At the top right, select Get Started (and connect your account with your Facebook) or Create App.
- Register and give your app a Display Name, enter a Contact Email and click Create App ID.
- In Add a Product, select Facebook Login and click Set Up.
- For your platform, select Web.
- Fill in your platform as the Site URL and click Save. For example: https://community.CMNTY.com.
- You can simply skip the rest of those messages.
- In the menu on the left, you should now see Facebook Login, click the Settings menu item.
- Fill in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs. Enter the URL of your community appended with ‘authorize/login_callback/facebook’ and ‘user/edit_facebook_callback’ then click Save Changes. For example: https://community.CMNTY.com/authorize/login_callback/facebook.
- Your App ID and App Secret (needed in the following steps) are located in Settings > Basic.
- Now go to App Review and make your app public by setting it to On. Choose a category and confirm.
- Login to your CMNTY Platform.
- Go to Social Login page under Integrations in Admin.
- Switch the Activate Login for Facebook to On.
- Fill in the App ID and App Secret as created in your Facebook app.
- After pressing Save, your Facebook Registration and Login will be activated.
For platforms set to Invite Only, members can connect to their Facebook account upon registration or in Profile Settings (*.cmnty.com/user/edit_facebook) to enable social login.
Check out our instructions to set-up Social Login for: