If you plan to set multiple Gamification goals in your platform, you can create Gamification categories to help you keep track of how members are working on specific goals. When you create points, badges, and content under a certain Gamification category, members will only be awarded points and badges for the content that has been assigned to the category, too.
Add Gamification categories
Example: Let’s say you have three challenges, and two of them focus on the design of a product. You may only want to reward people with points or badges if they participate in those design challenges. To do this, you would add each design challenge to a Gamification category (i.e. “Design Challenges”), and assign rewards to that category so that your members are rewarded in either design challenge.
You can add a new Gamification category to your CMNTY Platform by following the steps below:
- Go to the Configure page at the top menu of the admin section.
- Underneath Categories, choose Gamification at the left menu.
- Click Add Gamification Category in the overview.
- Fill in the name of your new category.
- Don’t forget to hit the Save button in the upper right corner.
- To add the category to the challenge, go to the Publish page at the top menu.
- Choose your module, in this case: Challenge.
- Click the Options dropdown and choose Edit.
- Scroll all the way down and choose the category at Gamification categories.
- Don’t forget to Update in the upper right corner.