CMNTY Platform is a diverse tool and can, therefore, be used in several ways to achieve different goals. While you are free to choose and combine various functionalities to meet the purpose of your community, we would like to provide you with a couple of guidelines that will help you determine a combination of functionalities and tools that will allow for the most valid approach to data acquisition:
- It’s advised to introduce an incentive system that matches or at least resembles the incentive system already introduced to community members upon recruitment. In other words, if you already have introduced a system of reward or motivation on your corporate website or via other informative means, then we advise you to adopt it also on your platform.
- It’s advised to sufficiently introduce and explain the incentive system to community members both upon recruitment and during the project, and have a documented definition available for them at all times. Use Custom Pages to create an information, FAQ page or a similar source of explanation.
- CMNTY Platform offers a Gamification engine which can be used to reward members with ranks, points and/or badges. It’s optional to link the points system to a webshop, where members can redeem their earned points. When using this functionality, it’s advised to document the following in the aforementioned source of explanation:
- The type of incentives you are offering.
- A description of the redemption process (if applicable).
- How and when the incentives will be given and redeemed.
- That respondents will be treated fairly and equally.
- Which methods of resolving incentive queries or disputes will be used.
These guidelines are also compatible with the conditions set by ISO regarding market, opinion and social research (ISO 20252) and access panels in market, opinion and social research (ISO 26362).
Read more about general platform management!
Read our blog post about absolute do’s for managing your online community.