The invite code system can be used if you want to control who can sign up, but you don’t have any email addresses to invite your members or if you want to use another system to send the invites from. You can activate the invite code system by following the steps below:
- Go to Configure at the top menu in Admin.
- Underneath General, choose Platform Configuration at the left menu.
- Turn the switch for Use Invite Code System to ON.
- Don’t forget to Save your changes in the upper right corner.
When the invite code system is activated, participants will be able to sign up for the community when they fill in a valid invitation code.
Creating invite codes
The following steps describe how you can create the invite codes:
- Create a CSV file with unique codes in one column (e.g. invite1, invite2, invite3, invite4, etc.)
- Import your CSV file as described in this article.
- Designate the column with the invite codes as the Invite token in the drop-down and click the Import button in the upper right corner.
- Your invite codes will appear on the Recruitment page. Select all invite codes, click the Mass action button, and choose the Convert to invite option.
- Unique links will be created and they will look like: https://www.yourdomainname.com/authorize/invite/uniquetoken. Each unique token can only be used once. You will see that the generated invite token is the same as the imported invite code.
- You can now send out your completed invite links or invite codes via any method of your choosing (i.e. your own email system, by postal mail, etc.).
Read more about building an online community following the why, how and what.