CMNTY Platform is a diverse tool and can, therefore, be used in several ways to achieve different goals. While you are free to choose and combine various functionalities to meet the purpose of your community, we would like to provide you with a couple of guidelines that will help you determine a combination of functionalities and tools that will allow for the most valid approach to data acquisition:
- We advise you to only collect personal data that is necessary for your research and sampling, and take into consideration that certain data may change in time (e.g. phone numbers, addresses, etc.) and should be carefully checked before including it in said research or sampling. All necessary data can be collected by creating relevant User Profile Fields.
- It is highly advised that you remove inactive community members periodically (at least once every 12 months) from the platform, otherwise, the results of your research might be affected. This can be done by either freezing user accounts or removing them completely by means of User Deletion.
- We advise you to retain members’ activity history for a minimum of two years. For a possibility of a continuous community, CMNTY will store such data on our servers for a standard term of 6 months. Regardless of that, we highly advise you to use the Data Export functionality to download such data for internal storage at your company.
- We also advise you to request your community members to update their profile data at least once a year. You can do that by using the Newsletter so that the change gets well documented. Furthermore, members should be able to update their profile information as they wish, thus we advise you to display User Profile fields on Member Profile Pages.
- Not only do we advise you to use a strong password for your CMNTY account, but we also highly advise you to communicate the same tip to your community members. You can place a message with advice, a guideline or an instruction on the Authorization pages by using the Custom Element functionality.
- CMNTY Platform offers a sign-off functionality to enable members to unsubscribe from the platform. A sign-off link will appear on the member profile pages if you activate this option.
These guidelines are also compatible with the conditions set by ISO regarding market, opinion and social research (ISO 20252) and access panels in market, opinion and social research (ISO 26362).
Read more about general platform management!
Read our blog post about absolute do’s for managing your online community.