If you have new data available about your community members in a CSV file and want to automatically add it to either existing user profiles or existing invites, you can upload and merge this data automatically. Start by making sure the profile field(s) you want to import have been created by following the steps in this article. Merge data by following the steps below:
- Go to the Manage page at the top menu in the admin section.
- Underneath Users, click Import at the left menu.
- Upload your CSV file, leave the delimiter as it is if you are uploading a CSV file.
- Assign the respective column to the profile field and assign the Email address to the column that contains user email addresses. The email address is required in order to match imported users with existing users/invites.
- Import the data by hitting the Import button in the upper right corner.
- Choose Recruitment at the left menu.
- Select the newly uploaded data and select Mass action.
- Click Merge. The profile field will now be filled in for existing users or existing invites. When there is existing profile information, new data that is imported for merging will override the old, pre-existing data.
You cannot merge data to frozen or deleted users.